Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Year's Resolutions (Part 1)

こ のブログの日本語訳はこちらをクリックしてください!

Team Tiger

Most people start the year by making some really strong promises. We call them New Year’s resolutions. A resolution is a really strong promise you make to yourself to do something difficult that is good for you. Some common examples of New Year’s Resolutions are “I will lose weight” or “I will study English more.” Good resolutions include some kind of number and time frame so that the achievement of the resolution can be measured. Instead of “I will lose weight,” you should say, “I will lose one kilogram a month” or “I will go to the gym 3 times a week.”

A couple of years back, my wife's resolution was to take up running. Unlike me, she kept her resolution. Last spring, she took part in a 10-kilometre fun run in Ashia. Last Sunday, she renewed her resolution by taking part in a fun run at Tsurumi Ryokuchi park. (The 5 tigers in the photo above were taking part in the same fun run.) Good on her!
The Eastern Beauties
In my next entry, I hope to share one of my New Year's resolutions with you.

How about you? Did you make a resolution for 2010? Are you keeping it?

No comments: