Friday, February 18, 2011

Pig Out!

This year, my students were very generous with the Saint Valentine’s Day chocolates. I really pigged out on chocolate this week (‘to pig out” means to eat too much). Luckily, eating chocolate is good for your health!

However, too much of a good thing can be bad for you! I really do feel like I gained a couple of kilograms just this week. If you go to a zoo, you’ll often see a sign that says “Don’t Feed the Animals” (“to feed” means to give food to someone or something). I decided to make up my own version for our school…


Unfortunately, it doesn’t always stop students from tempting me!
By the way, one of the most interesting presents I was given this year was chocolate beer…
It was surprisingly bitter – and very good!
Thanks to everyone who gave Saint Valentine’s Day gifts this year! But from now on, DON'T FEED THE TEACHER! (An important message from Mayumi, the teacher’s wife!)

No comments: