Thursday, March 15, 2012

Saint Patrick's Day 2012 in Osaka

This Saturday, March 17th, is Saint Patrick's Day (click here to find out what Saint Patrick's Day is). The Irish Network of Japan is holding a festival near the Osaka City Hall, on Nakanoshima, to celebrate. There will be stalls selling food, drinks, and Irish goods, as well as live Irish music & dancing. Also, there will be a Saint Patrick's Day parade from 1:00 pm. Click on the links below for more information...


If it isn't raining, I will be going to the festival from about 12:00 pm. If you want to join me, come to the school at 11:30 am (don't be late!) or look for me at the festival from 12:00 pm (I'll be wearing my green-afro wig!). Your friends are welcome to join you -- of course!

There will be several Saint Patrick's Day parties in Osaka on Saturday night.
I recommend The Blarney Stone in Shinsaibashi or Umeda (click on the name for information and maps). In Shinsaibashi, you should check out Murphy's Irish Pub (once again, click on the name for information and a map).

This year, I'm planning to drop in to The Blarney Stone in Shinsaibashi. If you want to join me, meet at the school at 7:00 pm (don't be late!) or look for me in the bar anytime after 7:00 pm. Once again,
your friends are welcome to join you!

Whatever you do on Saturday, have a great Saint Patrick's Day!

No comments: